About the Role
What you are:
You live, breathe, and eat Farmer’s Fridge culture for breakfast (because we know, culture eats strategy!).
Responsible for reinforcing our core values throughout how we identify, recruit, train, review, and invest in our people. You are as passionate about our hourly kitchen associates and drivers as you are about our corporate office.
This is a tall order in a fast-growing organization, where headcount doubled in 2016 and will do so again in 2017. You need to be hyper-excited about hyper-growth!
What you are not: Afraid of change & traditional! If this defines you, we are probably not meant to be.
About the team
The VP of HR sits on the leadership team and works alongside highly passionate and accomplished departmental leaders who look to you for guidance on how to acquire the best talent, and support and foster their team's personal and professional growth. You will report to the Chief Operating Officer and have immense support from the founder/CEO and the entire leadership team, who deeply believe in the power of people to fuel our growth. You will have one direct report on your team to execute the work with you, and will manage outside vendors for HR Support services.
- Define the Human Resources strategy with specific focus on recruiting, retaining, training, and developing the best possible people for our business;
- Establish and maintain recruiting, hiring, onboarding, employee reviews and offboarding procedures and aligned and consistent with Farmer's Fridge core values;
- Develop and maintain Farmer's Fridge HR policies and procedures that are clear, compliant, relevant, and up-to-date so that guidelines and rules are understood by all employees, at every level of the organization;
- Identify and assess current and future training and development needs, develop overall plan to deploy trainings, and ensure that management tools are in place to support employee learning and development;
- Mentor, influence, and partner with Farmer's Fridge managers to achieve their own and their employees growth potential, faster and more holistically.
- Keep a pulse on the energy of the organization, foster an environment in which core issues are flagged and addressed appropriately, and support an improvement-oriented and transparent environment for Farmer's Fridge employees.
- 7-10 years of HR experience, 2+ years of HR leadership experience
- A demonstrated passion for talent management and training
- Worked in a high-growth environment, preferably in the food space but not required
- Experience with managing both an hourly workforce and a corporate workforce
- A deep passion for food and the Farmer's Fridge mission that everyone deserves the change to eat better
- The ability to operate in ambiguous situations and be flexible as the organization changes and grows - we are a new place every quarter!
- Healthcare: Medical, dental, vision, long and short term disability, life insurance
- Macbook + cell phone reimbursement
- Daily credits for our fridge for lunch, or your meal of choice
- Flexible vacation time
- Office yoga, volunteer days, get togethers ….More to come….You get to help us define what else goes in this benefit bucket!