About the Role
We are looking for an energetic, food loving, procurement professional to join our rapidly growing team. You will work with production facility leadership to source, cost, and purchase everything we need to create our exceptional recipes and keep our facility ticking. You should be a team player with excellent communications skills who thrives on building processes where none exist.
We promise to deliver a fast-paced, yet well-balanced, work environment and a team of all star co-workers that genuinely enjoy coming to work. A strong applicant will have a history of product sourcing in the food industry, a love of relationship building and negotiation, an ability to work independently, and a hands-on personality.
- Identify, select, and develop suppliers who are aligned with the company's sourcing strategy and able to meet current and future needs.
- Provide overall management of the supplier relationship, and hold regular review meetings with key suppliers to ensure they are delivering on contract and/or company standards and values.
- Obtain quotes and negotiate costs with suppliers that meet margin goals, while achieving a sustainable relationship with the supplier.
- Generate purchase orders and accurately input, update, and maintain data in procure to pay system.
- Work with suppliers to identify efficiencies (e.g. in packaging, logistics, ingredients, volume growth, etc.) that will improve the company's food cost or production process.
- Make recommendations to modify purchases based on cost analysis.
- Maintain awareness of market trends and risks in order to achieve optimal pricing and consistent supply.
- Work with Marketing, and Production to manage supply levels for product roll outs and ramp downs
- Work with accounts payable to resolve invoice and receiving discrepancies
- Support the QA team by managing supplier quality issues as required.
- Perform effective new supplier on-boarding, including protection of confidential information (when necessary), to ensure appropriate vendor compliance prior to engagement.
- BA/BS required.
- 5+ years’ experience in purchasing preferably in the food industry.
- Analytical with high attention to detail.
- Excellent communication, planning, and prioritization skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- Experience working with a major Enterprise Resource Planning System strongly desired (NetSuite a plus).