FRONT END ENGINEER
About the Role
About our technology:
- Research and implement new features and user interfaces of our digital products such as Fridge UI
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications
- Collaborate with UX/UI Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products.
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues.
- Design, implement, deliver, and test awesome web applications while understanding our products from both a technical and business perspective in the context of our larger business.
- We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
- Knowledge of web libraries and frameworks such as AngularJS, Polymer, Clojure or Backbone.
- Strong sense of web design and attuned to the fundamentals of user experience.
- Familiarity with the whole web stack, including protocols and web server optimization techniques.
- An understanding of the principles of accessibility and can build products that are accessible to users with disabilities.
- Communicate with leadership, product owners, other technologists and users to create working software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities.
- Break down complex problems into elegant technical solutions to intelligently solve problems for our diners, restaurant, corporate accounts and internal stakeholders.
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices and new technologies.
- BA/BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years of HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility
- 1-2 years experience with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance.
- A diverse network of people to surround yourself with.
- A great environment to continue building a portfolio
- Healthcare: Medical, dental, vision, long and short term disability, life insurance
- Competitive salary
- Macbook + cell phone reimbursement
- Daily credits for our fridge for lunch, or your meal of choice
- Flexible vacation time
- Office yoga, volunteer days, get togethers …. and more ideas are always welcomed...