About the Role
What you are
You are a seasoned paralegal looking for a role where you can make a real impact to a high-energy and rapidly growing company. You love solving problems, "bringing order to chaos", and are comfortable using good judgment in legal areas with which you may be less familiar. You have strong communication skills and are excited to partner directly with senior management and outside law firms. Most importantly, you have a meticulous attention to detail and excellent judgement.
About the Team
Our department handles every legal issue faced by Farmer’s Fridge (e.g., regulatory, IP, corporate, finance, HR, manufacturing, supply and distribution, real estate, etc). You will report directly to the VP of Finance and Legal who heads the department. As the company’s first and only paralegal, you will serve as a legal in-house business partner to the organization and be responsible for ensuring the Company’s legal operations are efficient and organized during its rapid growth.
- Coordinate all aspects of the company’s contracting process, including preparing NDAs, customer agreements, and consulting agreements based on existing forms, identifying and tracking key deal points, routing contracts for signature, and filing finished contracts.
- Develop and maintain a contracts database for all customer and vendor contracts.
- Maintain a library of form documents, contract clauses, and templates, and add or revise material as needed.
- Manage regulatory compliance, including the preparation and filing of corporate, tax, and licensing applications and renewals with state, local, and other governmental agencies.
- Maintain corporate minute books and other records, including preparing written consents, gathering approvals and signatures, and responding to internal and external requests for corporate records and information.
- Develop and maintain a virtual data room on a real-time basis to be used by external investors.
- Assist with the development and roll-out of document retention, internal communication, and other risk management policies.
- Have a willingness to perform legal assistant and administrative tasks as needed, including gathering signatures, managing and organizing all electronic and hard copy files (filing, scanning, saving and copying), generating other administrative reports as needed, creating/updating binders, and a willingness to pitch in as needed and be responsive to new/additional requests in a startup workplace.
- A meticulous attention to detail and an ability to exercise good judgement on day-to-day decisions.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, with the ability to set priorities, handle multiple tasks and projects, and follow-up on projects as needed.
- A history being a collaborative team player and partnering with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- The ability to work independently, adapt to changing priorities, maintain patience in high pressure situations, and take initiative where appropriate.
- Strong customer service focus and flexibility.
- A desire to work in a fast paced, casual environment.
- Experience managing highly confidential information and materials with professionalism and unquestionable integrity.
- An outstanding knowledge of MS Office (including Outlook, Word, MS Access and Excel), Adobe (secure pdfs; redactions), PowerPoint, and Docusign.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years experience working at a major law firm or a corporate legal department, with an emphasis on corporate/transactional expertise.
- Paralegal certification a plus.
- Notary certification a plus.